Undoubtedly, the year of 2021 brought many changes to your life both professionally and personally. You can be sure that 2022 will be no different. What you currently have, do, feel, and understand will change in the next 12 months in some way. Some things you are anticipating, for which you are hoping or dreading, will never happen; some things you could never have imagined will surprise you completely.
However, here are a few things we do know for sure:
- Compared to most of the world, we live lives of abundance. There will always be someone with more, but more importantly, there will be millions with much less.
- Change will occur no matter what we try to do to prevent it. We can fight with change or dance with it. That choice is the only thing we can control. Those that anticipate and embrace change do better than those that do not.
- Regret and worry are a waste of our precious time and energy. Most of what we worry about will never come to pass and the past cannot be relived. The only time frame in which we have positive control is the present day.
So as you think about your New Year’s Resolutions, consider these from our list:
- As we communicate with clients, coworkers, family members and friends, we will strive to operate from an attitude and spirit of abundance.
- We will strive to anticipate the changes, positive or negative, that will occur in our personal and professional lives and look forward to the opportunities for growth presented by those changes.
- We will strive to eliminate or reduce the time and energy we expend on feelings of regret and worry. Instead, we will support each other in focusing on the present and the opportunities it presents to live fully in that moment… and in that precious gift of today.
“Then sing, young hearts that are full of cheer, With never a thought of sorrow; The old goes out, but the glad young year, Comes merrily in tomorrow.”
~ Emily Miller